Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Because everyone's needs are not the same, it is best to consult your agent to help assess your needs and find the insurance policy that is right for you.
What is Homeowners insurance?
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.
Most homeowners insurance is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. However, our main insurance company, Hochheim Prairie Insurance is a Farm Mutual company, and the home insurance and liability insurance are two separate policies.
Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant are damage caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. You must buy two separate policies for flood and earthquake coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners' responsibility.
Why do you need homeowners insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That's important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask your agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what's included and what is not.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Here are a few things to discuss with your agent that will influence your decisions.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask your agent to talk you through your home's features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
You want to make sure your home is insured for replacement value...as well as your contents!
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
We only work with the companies we know and trust to take care of you!
- What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policy, security system and fire resistance discounts.)
Get started today!
Remember, the best way to figure out the right insurance policy is to speak with one of our experienced insurance professionals. Call our office today at 830.249.6112. Or, fill out an online quote today and one of our agents will reach out promptly to guide you through the insurance process.. We can help find a policy with the right coverages for your needs, as well as answer any questions you may have. We do the work for you, so you can rest easy knowing you are protected.